Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tuesdays With Dorie Pictionary

Let's play a little game of clip art pictionary:





Sound it out...




...



...




...




...




...




It's a CARDAMOM CRUMB CAKE!  Card, a Mom, Crumb, Cake!


I decided to make cute little muffins instead of a full cake because we were heading downtown to visit some friends who just had a baby (hello baby Owen!).  I didn't want to impose any dish cleaning on new parents, so I thought it would be better to bring a handheld treat.

I just asked Todd to describe these muffins in three words, but he gave me four:  luscious (mmkay....?), soft, spongey and orangey.  The orangey description comes from the addition of orange zest in both the crumb and the cake. There's lots of other fun things in here too, like walnuts, espresso powder, brewed coffee and buttermilk (I swapped out the whole milk). 


Check out Jill's Blog for the full recipe!

Oh, and yesterday was my two year blog-iversary! I've come a long way since mangled roast chicken and red hot cupcakes. Don't you think?  :)

7 comments:

  1. Happy two year anniversary.

    If these are a sample of what you are doing, you are just fine.

    I love the changes/additions you made and cupcakes are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your pictionary! :) What a nice treat for your friends, too. And Happy Blogaversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your muffins look fabulous! I'm glad you liked the crumb cake. Thank for baking with me this week, and happy blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pictionary action. Very creative! Also nice looking muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a really cute why to make the pronunciation of this cake easier for all of us. :)
    Love the muffins- they were good, weren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your muffins look absolutely perfect! I didn't get to make these yet but will have to put them on my make it soon list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! Muffins is a great idea. I liked the orangy-ness.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! It makes me feel like I'm not just writing to myself. :)